User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Debunking the myth "Sicilians are part nigger" from the movie True Romance 

ChuckSpears

Debunking the myth "Sicilians are part nigger" from the movie True Romance

Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken are tremendous actors, two of my all time favorites. And Quentin Tarantino, who wrote the script, has an Academy Award for his talented gift of screenwriting.
    As much as I enjoyed the movie True Romance, the whole Sicilian nigger myth needs debunking.

Sicily is very close to North Africa, which consists of mostly Arabs, not blacks.

Relevant copy pasta:
    [hr][/hr]In various studies, around 2% Sub-Saharan DNA markers were found in Italy. With the exception of Portugal which has as much as 8%, mostly all European countries have very low frequencies of Sub-Saharan African DNA ranging from .1-3%. This is most likely due to pre-historic migrations or low frequent absorptions of Negroids during the Atlantic slave trade. In Italy's case, it may be from Ethiopian slaves the Romans had. However, 2% is a very low frequency and it's highly doubtful that 2% of any DNA can effect one's outward appearance.

There is a common misconception that Italians, notably Sicilians have a high frequency of Black blood due to the Moorish occupation of Sicily. However, an even greater misconception is that the Moors were "Black", when they were actually mostly Caucasian Berbers. Whatever few Blacks the Moors may have used as slaves or cannon fodder as they did in their Iberian campaign would have not had much of an impact on the genetics of Sicilians, because the Moors themselves did not leave much of a genetic impact. Furthermore, the genetic impact would have not been from rape or large harems of Sicilian women, but from Moorish women and children left behind and Christianized after the expulsion of Moors from Sicily.

Another common myth is that Italians have black blood in them from Hannibal and his men. Unfortunately for Afrocentrics, Hannibal and his men were not Black but Semitic Phoenicians. One simply has to do a search for a coin with Hannibal's portrait or his bust on it from the time that he lived to see that he was not Black, but Caucasian. To see what a Phoenician probably looked like, one can simply take a look at the inhabitants of the island of Malta, who are descendents from the Phoenicians and speak a Phoenician language.

As for the reason why some Italians may be "darker" than other Europeans, it is not certain, but there are various theories. Unfortunately for Afrocentricists, it has nothing to with Sub-Saharan Africans.
    Epidemiologists determined in the 1970's that Italians were 99.92% pure. Even the Sicilians that have been accused of being less than Caucasian had less that .02% Arabic and negroid blood in them. The wide sampling shows that Italians are no less pure than Germanics or other Nords.
    [hr][/hr]
    Genetics:

In a sample of 302 Italians from Tuscany, Rome, Sicily and Sardinia, 5 sub-Saharan mtDNA markers and 2 Asian-specific markers were detected. Note that most of these were found in Sardinians, who are a small, isolated population subject to genetic drift. Still, from these figures the non-Caucasoid maternal contribution to the Italian gene pool can be estimated at 2.3%, or ~1.2% total (0.8% African and 0.4% Asian). (Richards et al., Am J Hum Genet, 2000)

[hr][/hr]In a sample of 465 Sicilians from all over the island, 10 mtDNA haplogroup M sequences of presumable proto-Asian origin were detected, while only 3 sub-Saharan L sequences were found, bringing the total non-Caucasoid maternal admixture in Sicily to 2.8%, with just 0.65% of this being Negroid (Note that Richards et al. 1998 found white Britons to have 1% black mtDNA). To date, no sub-Saharan Y-chromosomes have been discovered in Sicily. (Romano et al., Ann Hum Genet, 2003)

[hr][/hr]"In Italy...the frequency of [North African] U6 is much lower than in Iberia (one out of 411 individuals), and...none of the eight L sequences [=1.9% black mtDNA] has been found in NW Africa. Three Italian L sequences have been described throughout Africa, and the remaining five are not found in >1,000 sub-Saharan individuals. Thus, the presence of L sequences cannot be attributed to migration from NW Africa, and may instead represent gene flow from other sources, such as the Neolithic expansion or the Roman slave trade." (Plaza et al., Ann Hum Genet, 2003)

[hr][/hr]In a sample of 524 Italians from all over the mainland, no sub-Saharan Y-chromosome markers were detected. Note that a previous study (Rosser et al. 2000) turned up a single African HG8 sequence, once again in Sardinia, which, in addition to the problem mentioned above, had an inadequately small sample of 10 (the 99 mainland Italians were HG8-free). Nonetheless, both of these results taken together give Italians a minuscule 0.16% African paternal admixture. (Di Giacomo et al., Mol Phyl Evol, 2003)

[hr][/hr]Two subclades of North African Y-chromosome haplogroup E (labeled E-M81 and E-M78β) have been given an estimated age of ~5000 years, making them useful in detecting historical admixture from Berbers. These markers exist at combined frequencies of 1.5% in Northern Italians, 2.2% in Central Italians, 0% in Southern Italians, 1.4% in Sardinians and 1.4% in Sicilians, suggesting that gene flow from Carthaginian and Moorish colonists was minimal. (Cruciani et al., Am J Hum Genet, 2004)

[hr][/hr]Another Y-chromosome marker that may have been spread to Europe by Phoenicians and Arabs is the subclade of haplogroup J labeled J*(xJ2) or Eu10. It originated in the southern part of the Fertile Crescent and is very common in Arabia and Palestine (Neolithic Eu9 is from the northern Fertile Crescent). Its frequencies are 0.9% in Northern Italy, 7.1% in Central Italy and 5.3% in Southern Italy (for a total of between 0.5% and 3.6% admixture). It's important to note that while Phoenician and Arab colonists undoubtedly carried Eu10, its expansion is dated to ~9000-6400 YBP and generally attributed to Neolithic migrations (Nebel et al. 2001). Therefore, levels of recent admixture may be even lower. (Di Giacomo et al., Mol Phyl Evol, 2003)

[hr][/hr]An analysis of 10 autosomal allele frequencies in Southern Europeans (including Italians, Sicilians and Sardinians) and various Middle Eastern/North African populations revealed a "line of sharp genetic change [that] runs from Gibraltar to Lebanon," which has divided the Mediterranean into distinct northern and southern clusters since at least the Neolithic period. The authors conclude that "gene flow [across the sea] was more the exception than the rule," attributing this result to "a joint product of initial geographic isolation and successive cultural divergence, leading to the origin of cultural barriers to population admixture."

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Do_Italian...#ixzz23UsSVqct

2. The Following 5 Chimpmaniacs Thanked ChuckSpears:

Klaatu (10-08-2012),watson503 (10-08-2012)

Toni

Re: Debunking the myth "Sicilians are part nigger" from the movie True Romance

Originally Posted by PCT View Post
    As the Italians would say "Che cazzo 'e questo, una minchia scimia!"
    the prettiest Dominicoon woman i know about is Maria Montez.and shes a white woman(Canarian/Canary Islander).that was simply born in DR meaning shes a human not a sow.RIP Maria

i know that sometimes one name may belong to a different gender group but Denny sounds like a boys name.i don't think its a girls name in any language.atleast Toni is a boys name in Hungarian and Albanian but Denny??seriously?

4. The Following 2 Chimpmaniacs Thanked Toni:

Klaatu (10-11-2012)

Veterinarian

Status
    Threads
    Thanks
    You Received 4,637 Thanks in 2,831 Posts

I don't need any DNA test to tell me what a nigger is. I know one when I see it. I wonder if Iceland was settled by niggers and they became white because it is so far north.

Edit, After reading my post it seemed I may be saying Sicilians are part nigger so I wish to be clear I am not.

NIGGERS MAKE ME SICK!

6. The Following Chimpmaniac Thanked ALLERGIC REACTION:

Senior Veterinarian

Status
    Threads
    Thanks
    You Received 21,264 Thanks in 9,797 Posts

Originally Posted by ChuckSpears View Post
    That by far the most hypocritical most full of shit thing I've ever seen. If you ever notice on Documentary titles especially Nat Geo and History..the reconstruction of the greatest pharoahs of Egypt were infact of caucasion vison. There was no nigger feature to state. It's been proven beyond a doubt that it was infact humans that made empires and basked in all it's glory. Just another delusional nigger. Fuck Al Sharpton. I hope he rots .

The Prison Warden

We will not be denied our rights and civil liberties. Freedom expression is our right under the constitution of the United States.
    I am not a racist. I am a realist. Welcome to the reality.

8. The Following Chimpmaniac Thanked Weyoun:

ChuckSpears

Originally Posted by Weyoun View Post
    That by far the most hypocritical most full of shit thing I've ever seen. If you ever notice on Documentary titles especially Nat Geo and History..the reconstruction of the greatest pharoahs of Egypt were infact of caucasion vison. There was no nigger feature to state. It's been proven beyond a doubt that it was infact humans that made empires and basked in all it's glory. Just another delusional nigger. Fuck Al Sharpton. I hope he rots .
    Check out this relevant thread: Why do niggers claim Ancient Egyptians were niggers?

10. The Following Chimpmaniac Thanked ChuckSpears:

Weyoun (10-12-2012)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12